Rochester, NY: Teknic recently launched ClearCore, a low-cost, multi-axis, motion and industrial I/O controller offering OEMs a new way to save space, money and wiring in their automated machinery. ClearCore provides 4 axes of motion control, Ethernet, serial, USB, and wireless expandability along with 13 configurable digital & analog I/O points. By registering their application with Teknic, OEM machine builders can lock in the single-piece $99 pricing.
Early customer reviews are positive:
• “The ClearCore controller is an exceptionally beautiful piece and a joy to work with. Absolutely brilliant product. Well documented, well designed, easy to use and highly versatile.”
• “Their IO controllers were also a great find and they have replaced the PLCs we were using.”
• “The Clear Core Controller itself is an amazing design and everything we could have hoped for.”
Key specifications and benefits of ClearCore include:
• Hardware includes a powerful 32-bit, floating point ARM Cortex-M4 processor, 192k local RAM, 512k Flash, interrupt handler, and an onboard SD Card interface for storage expansion.
• ClearCore provides up to 4 axes of motion control for Teknic’s ClearPath integrated servos, 3rd party stepper drives, or any brushless servo motor with a digital servo drive.
• ClearCore includes 13 industrially hardened and electrically conditioned, 24V I/O points, including digital and analog inputs and outputs. Extend your I/O compliment with 8-point I/O expansion modules (CCIO-8) for a total I/O compliment of 73 I/O points.
• Compatible with XBee modules for peer-to-peer wireless communications such as WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, DigiMesh, 802.15.4, and others.
• A rich C++ library & software API including more than 40 extensively commented example projects ensures ease-of-use and accelerates your development cycle. Advanced debugging via the Atmel IDE and in-circuit emulator enables the serious programmer to step through code, set breakpoints, evaluate expressions, watch variables, and much more.
• All source code is available for download, at no cost, under an open-source, copy-right, MIT license.
• For rapid software prototyping, install the optional but free Arduino wrapper library to easily create programs within the simple and popular Arduino IDE.
• ClearCore can be ordered online at https://www.teknic.com/products/io-motion-controller/clcr-4-13/. Each unit ships within 3 business days and comes with a 3-year warranty and a 90 day money-back guarantee.
About Teknic, Inc.
Founded in 1985, Teknic manufactures a wide range of servo motion control components. Our products include integrated servo systems, brushless servo motors, servo drives, motion controllers, and power supplies. Teknic designs and builds products in the USA (Victor, New York) and provides factory-direct support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Contact Teknic at 585-784-7454 to speak directly with a knowledgeable engineer or leave a message online at https://www.teknic.com/contact/