In the present era, 3D printing is gaining recognition because it accelerates productivity at low cost and time.
FREMONT, CA: 3D printing software is gaining popularity in the age of digitization. The advanced orienting enables to produce complex shapes using less material in less time than traditional manufacturing methods. Earlier 3D printing remained hidden within the labs of large manufacturing, but now it has gained popularity in the engineering, aerospace, and metalworking industries.
Like any other process, 3D printing technology also has both negative and positive effects on the environment and economy. Here are some of its advantages and disadvantages:
1. Customization: One of the attractive features of 3D printing is its capability of customization. With the help of a raw material, a blueprint and a 3D printer, one can easily print any complex design.
2. Increased Productivity: Unlike conventional methods, 3D printers take less time for production. It enables quick output with a high number of prototypes or a small-scale version of the real object, and increase productivity in less time. Manufacturers can improve their prototypes for any design flaws that may affect the quality of the product.
3. Less storage cost: 3D printing can reduce storage cost, as products can be printed only when needed; thus, excess products can be eliminated so no need to spend more on storage cost. In traditional manufacturing, the problem of storage arises because it produces additional products.
4. Employment Opportunities: The use of 3D printing technology will increase the demand for workers to build and operate these printers. This way it creates more job opportunities for skilled people.
1. A decrease in Manufacturing Jobs: The introduction of 3D printing will decrease the manufacturing jobs, which will affect the economy of the country that relies on low skill jobs.
2. Limited Raw Materials: In the case of conventional manufacturing, enormous range of raw materials could be used. However, the 3D printing equipment cannot use more than a hundred different raw materials for creating products.
3. Copyrights Violation: This method of printing has so many copyright violation issues related to it. Anyone can create fake products easily with the blueprint. The copyright holders will find it challenging to protect their unique products.