Automation has the potential to robust the work and also accelerates the human work in a cost effective manner.
FREMONT, CA: Artificial intelligence (AI) is now finding its niche in manufacturing industries. The concept appeared in the mid-1950. Now 1.0 Billion USD growth is already noted, and expected to grow to 17.2 Billion USD by 2025. Evolving industrial IoT and automation is supplementing the growth of the AI in manufacturing market.
Following are the steps which make the journey of AI-enabled manufacturing successful:
1. Foundation Building:
For successful machine learning, a solid foundation of automation and data-enabled connectivity, with different tools is necessary. In order to implement the AI-enabled environment in the manufacturing industry, manufacturers should be well-equipped with the tools which can be connected to an edge computing database that supports the need for reduced latency and real-time processing. Right smart machines play a significant role to create optimized operations.
2. The necessity of Adaptable Management:
When these machines spread in the industries, it is somewhat difficult for the employees to accept the changes and to work accordingly. It is necessary to adjust or redesign with the existing processes of the machine learning. There is a fear of AI abuse and job loss, and managers must address these to make employees feel secure.
3. Powerful IT Team and Infrastructure:
The IT team and infrastructure must be re-constructed in such a form that it can easily support the use of AI and the edge devices that enables real-time data gathering, analysis, and use. To better support the requirements of real-time data while gaining productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction, a better AI-enabled IT platform is appreciated.
4. Trained Employees:
The AI-enabled machine will change the atmosphere of the industries. Employees must be retrained and re-skilled, to tackle these changes and to work accordingly. The workers must be trained in such a manner that they could work with the AI efficiently and can apply the technology in their respective roles. The better way to get people comfortable with working with machines is to humanize the machines. Some small gestures like interacting with tools can help employees to become more comfortable while working with the devices.
5. Deep-rooted Future Planning:
AI-journey is a long-term strategy, which is a long journey. Attain a pure atmosphere of automation involves product redesign, data gathering, etc. It takes many years to attain an atmosphere of automation alone. That is why a deep-rooted future planning comes in the row to make the work more effective.
Machine learning or AI-enabled machines are revolutionizing manufacturing industries in several ways:
• AI has the power to create the value of marketing and sales across the world’s businesses. AI-based predictive maintenance has the potential to predict the breakdowns and fix it quickly. It can process huge amount of data and can identify anomalies to prevent breakdown.
• In coming years, the whole industry will rely on the AI, machine learning, and IoT to automate processes and to increase business.
• Starting with inbound supplier quality through manufacturing scheduling to fulfillment is now a priority in manufacturing. All these works will be streamlined by the help of the AI.
• AI-enabled production will help the industries to sustain in the field with a good grip and will reduce the human workload by taking the place of humans. Jobs like defect detection and quality assurance can be carried out easily by machines.
• Better machines sensors turn the workplace into safer environments. The hard jobs which are not easy for humans to carry out are easily done by the machines. The sensors of devices are considered more robust, sensitive, and precise than human senses.
Although AI is spreading in the manufacturing industries, still due to a lack of strategy and better leadership, enterprises are facing many hurdles. There are several steps in the journey towards automotive manufacturing. The first three key features are a process, people, and planning. All the works can’t be processed by AI and it is mandatory to categorize the work which can be and which can’t be optimized by the AI. It is good to identify opportunities and proceed accordingly. AI replaces humans in someplace, and it lends a helping hand in other cases. The priority is to re-skill the employees to be workable in the changing work environment. To adopt automation environment, it is better to have long-term planning, because the process of making products AI-friendly takes much time.