When the technology keeps advancing, what will you be looking forward to? Internet of Things, nanotechnology, 3D printing, simulation technologies are some technology trends in the production and manufacturing industry to watch for.
FREMONT, CA: The existing manufacturing business is an increasingly technology-driven and automated industry. The production relies on the application of enhanced systems and technologies that are changing the face of manufacturing in ways that were unimaginable just a few decades ago. The digitization of manufacturing has developed so well that it is being termed as industry 4.0, representing the fourth industrial revolution powered by data, cyber systems, and connectivity.
Latest trends in manufacturing and production technologies
Some of the major and the most proliferated trends that form the building blocks of the industry include:
• Cloud Services: Enable virtual sharing of services and data from any location swiftly and efficiently
• Internet of Things (IoT): The system transforms not just the consumer market, but also the upkeeping of electronic devices used in manufacturing processes.
• Horizontal and Vertical System Integration: The incorporation helps companies, functions, and departments to interconnect, turning them into computerized value chains.
• Nanotechnology: The field aids things like longer product cycle, faster computer processing, super-precision manufacturing, and pioneering advancements in sectors such as biotechnology and space engineering.
• Enhanced Data Analytics and Predictive Technologies: The tools help in better process control, quicker response times, and prevention of defects in manufacturing.
• Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, and Industrial Robotics: The interactive processes offer ways to improve quality, increase productivity, and reduce cost by automating monotonous or difficult tasks.
• Simulation Technologies: The technology leverages real-time data and mirrors the physical world in virtual models that can include products, machines, and humans.
• 3D Printing or Additive Manufacturing: The process facilitates the creation of any component using plastic, metal, and other materials, reducing lead-time and streamlining the design-to-production process.
Advantages of Investing in Manufacturing Technologies
The implementation of innovative technologies can perk up the way businesses in the manufacturing sector function. The technologies will be able to:
1. Increase the competence of the business systems.
2. Restructure relationships with consumer and suppliers.
3. Increase the speed, efficiency, and flexibility of the production process.
4. Expand the range of products.
Other instances of where technology can accomplish better results contain:
1. Resource management tool that coordinates the production processes.
2. Accounting systems that link order books with production, shipment, invoice generation, and stock replenishment methods.
3. Streamlined stock control and warehousing systems.
4. Online supply chain management and procurement software that lower costs and facilitate a just-in-time approach to manufacture.